Keith Kaufman, Director of Community Relations, (717) 786-5617
Solanco on Twitter
@SolancoSchlDist – Follow Solanco on Twitter for messages from principals and teachers, and also interesting information and photos about student activities and accomplishments, and events in all seven Solanco schools.
Effective communications and parent and public engagement are important factors in the success of our students and schools. Therefore, the Solanco School District is committed to establishing and maintaining on-going, two-way communications with parents and local residents, business owners and operators, community organizations, elected officials, emergency responders, the media and others in our community.
Solanco’s Director of Community Relations develops and implements plans to inform local residents about school district policy and programs. The Community Relations Director encourages community support and involvement in our schools and student activities, and generates media coverage of successful Solanco students and staff.
A number of communications tools are used to “tell the Solanco story”.
- Website: https://www.solancosd.org/
- Twitter: @SolancoSchlDist
- YouTube: Check out our district YouTube page for live Solanco varsity sports broadcasts.
- Facebook: “Like” our Facebook to receive photos, news and updates from the school district and Solanco’s schools.
- eSolanco News: The district’s electronic newsletter, emailed every week during the school year. Free subscription.
- Solanco app: The app provides students, parents, Solanco staff and community members with quick, reliable and convenient notification of school delays, cancellations and other events in Solanco. The app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store onto smart phones, tablets, iPad’s and other mobile devices.
- Solanco Education Foundation: SEF is a non-profit, volunteer organization that partners with the community to raise funds for student scholarships, teacher grants, and educational materials and programs in the Solanco School District.
- The district’s phone notification system.
- Public meetings and presentations. School board meetings are typically held the first and third Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Solanco Administration Office, 121 South Hess Street, Quarryville. There are no meetings in July.
- Solanco’s “electronic suggestion box” is firstname.lastname@example.org.