High School Guidance Department
- Course Change Requests
- Transcript Requests
- Dual Enrollment
- Senior Options
- College and Career Resources for Seniors:
Please visit the Career Room link for this new resource!
- *Make sure you visit the Guidance Schoology page for important updates
- *Don’t forget about the opportunities on Smart Futures!
- Request an appointment with your counselor
- Positive Learning Climates: Resources for all Dept. of Ed.
- Map of resources in county, United Way
- Safe Space Resources for Emotional Health
- Tips for Staying Organized with Virtual Learning
- Virtual FAFSA Help from PHEAA
SOLANCO VIRTUAL ACADEMY (SVA)
LANC COUNTY CTC
- CTC Application
- CTC Program Guide
- CTC Presentation
- Smart Futures
- O*Net Interest Inventory
- PA Career Zone Interest Inventory
- “Success in the New Economy”
- My Majors
- Higher Education in Simple Terms
- Will Robots Take my Job?
- College Board Big Future
- Clubs and Organizations
ZOOM WITH US!
College-bound students and parents are invited to Zoom sessions with High School counselors to ask/answer all of your questions about the application process. To get started, click on the dates below to join the Zoom conversations!
MEET OUR TEAM
Mrs. McTaggart’s has been a School Counselor at Solanco since 2002. She enjoys working with students across all grade levels, and is the testing coordinator at the high school. In her free time she is busy with her 2 active children, loves the beach and enjoys spending time with the family.
Mrs. Shumaker has been a School Counselor at Solanco since 1999. When it was time to enroll their own children in school, the Shumakers moved into the district. Mrs. Shumaker is proud to be an employee, resident, and parent in the Solanco School District.
Ms. Cruz is excited to join the Solanco family! She is passionate about building relationships and is looking forward to connecting with students and families. In her free time she can often be found listening to music or podcasts, spending time with friends, or taking walks with her dog.
Mrs. Beane has been in the district since 2002 servicing the Athletic Department on a part-time basis. She has three children who have all graduated from SHS. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and likes to visit her granddaughter in California. She looks forward to helping all the students in the Guidance Office!
Mrs. Phillips started with the district in 2010. She has been supporting children of all ages and needs since 1985. Mrs. Phillips has two kids of her own who attend Solanco schools and her family resides in the community as well. She is very excited to be joining the Guidance Department in helping our students plan for their futures after SHS.
COLLEGE AND FINANCIAL AID
- 16-17 PHEAA Letter
- College Visit Scorecard
- Lancaster Dollars for Scholars
- Career Calculator Resource
- Brag Sheet for Letters of Recommendation
- HACC Transfer Agreements
- Pennsylvania Loans Resource
- NerdWallet Article on Debt
- My Majors
- Funding Your Future Brochure
- PHEAA Student Guide
- Student Loan Resources
- HACC Application Form
- Dual Enrollment Information
- HACC Enrollment Form
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER
- Release of Information for Coaches
- NCAA Counselor Guide
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Independent Study Applications
- Internship Application
- Work Study Application
EDUCATIONAL PLANNING GUIDE
- 2020-2021 Educational Planning Guide
SOLANCO COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Solanco Family Life Network
- College Board – AP
- College Board – PSAT
- College Board – SAT
- College Board – SAT Practice Tests
- College Board – How To Register for the SAT
TIMELINES FOR COLLEGE-BOUND STUDENTS
- Freshmen and Sophomore Years
- Junior Year
- Senior Year
COURSE SELECTION FORMS
- Incoming 9th Graders
- Incoming 10th Graders
- Incoming 11th Graders
- Incoming 12th Graders