Dear Solanco Family,
We have recently learned that a student or staff member at Solanco High School has tested positive for COVID-19. We are sending our best wishes to these members of our school community. The individuals will not be in school until he or she has recovered.
We continue to clean and disinfect the school following recommendations from the CDC, and we have worked with the Department of Health to notify everyone who was in close contact with the person.
The individuals who were in close contact will be quarantined at home for 10 days from their last exposure so that they can monitor their health and avoid spreading the illness to others.
If you have not been contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health or Solanco School District personnel directly by phone you do not need to quarantine.
School will be open for all students/staff who have not been notified to quarantine.
While COVID-19 continues to spread in our community and across the country, please keep these important tips in mind:
- Practice physical (or social) distancing and stay at least 6 feet apart from people outside your household.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19, stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- The use of masks in indoor settings can help to reduce potential transmission of the virus
Please note that individual health information, including the name of the person who is ill, is confidential to protect patient privacy.
For additional questions about COVID-19, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website at: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Scott Long, Principal