The Solanco School District Board of Directors wishes to thank the entire Solanco Community for working together to ensure in-person instruction was prioritized this year.
As this school year ends, you might have questions about what school might look like for the upcoming school year.
Below are our expectations for what school should look like for the upcoming 2021-22 school year.
- Our schools will be open for in-person instruction five (5) days a week for all grades.
- The Acting Secretary of the Department of Health has announced that the state face mask order will expire on/before June 28, which strongly suggests that COVID-mitigation measures imposed on public schools this past year may be drawing to a close.
- Our staff and students will not be required to wear face masks while at school. Students and staff who wish to wear face masks as a mitigation measure will be permitted to do so – but that will be their personal choice.
- Social distancing measures will be eliminated to the extent feasible/practical. Social distancing measures were implemented this year to reduce the number of students and staff who would have had to potentially quarantine.
- Solanco will not require staff and students to be vaccinated in order to work at or attend our schools.
- The Solanco Flex model was a short-term strategy designed to accomplish the following:
- Continue instruction should a child/class be quarantined or isolated.
- Continue instruction should a school be closed for a period of time.
- Provide parents a choice based on differing beliefs about COVID-19 and Solanco’s health and safety protocols.
With the removal of mitigation practices, Flex will not be available for selection as an option next year. In-person instruction and the Solanco Virtual Academy will still remain as options.
- Meetings will return to in-person attendance for the 2021-22 school year.
- We are still awaiting information/clarification on what quarantining and isolation might look like for the upcoming school year.
We recognize the challenge this year presented to the entire Solanco community. Our focus was on providing in-person instruction for all students this year, and we appreciate everyone’s commitment to making that happen.
We will continue to provide updates throughout the summer with regards to any specifics. As was the situation last year, we have established parent engagement groups at each building to hear from parents as well as share information regarding the upcoming year.
We sincerely hope you enjoy your summer break!